Fairness and Solvency Opinions
Duff & Phelps Opinions is a global leader in Fairness Opinions and Special Committee Advisory, ranking #1 for total number of U.S. and global fairness opinions over the past 10 years, according to Refinitiv cumulative data from 2013-2022.Contact Us
Our team has particular expertise in situations where advisor independence is paramount and scrutiny is elevated.
Duff & Phelps is a global leader in Fairness Opinions and Special Committee Advisory, ranking #1 for total number of U.S. and global fairness opinions over the past 10 years, according to Thomson Reuters cumulative data from 2011-2020.
Since 2005, we have provided more than 1,000 fairness opinions (over $425 billion in deal value) for clients contemplating:
- Sell side / buy side mergers & acquisitions
- Spin-offs, split-ups, divestitures
- Going-private transactions
- Related-party transactions
Duff & Phelps has rendered over 950 Solvency Opinions ($4.5 trillion in deal value) related to:
- Dividend recapitalizations
- Debt refinancings
- Intercompany restructurings
- Spin-offs and split-offs
- Duff & Phelps also has dedicated expertise in Commercially Reasonable Debt Opinions and ESOP and ERISA Advisory.
- Core Practice: Ranked #1 for Fairness Opinions in the U.S. and globally over the past ten years and is a leading financial advisor for solvency opinions (more than 1,950 fairness and solvency opinions and $4.9 trillion in deal value since 2005)
- Independence: Vast majority of our opinions involve transactions in which Duff & Phelps is not the investment banker
- Analytical Rigor: Comfortable providing opinions in transactions involving minority interests, debt securities and those transactions lacking a market-clearing mechanism