Chris Janssen joined the firm in 1994. He is a managing director in the Chicago office and Head of The Duff & Phelps Opinions practice of Kroll, practice, which provides independent financial advice to boards of directors and special committees on M&A, spin-offs, dividends, stock buybacks, restructurings and financing transactions.
Chris specializes in providing fairness opinions, solvency opinions and business valuations for public and private companies and their boards of directors. Chris’ experience includes:
- Advising the boards of directors of Winnebago Industries, American Midstream Partners, CommScope, Boulder Specialty Brands, and Patriot Coal on acquisitions.
- Advising the boards of directors of Air Products, Xerox, WestRock, W.R. Grace, Darden, Baxter, JDS Uniphase, Harvard Biosciences, Murphy Oil Corporation, Sears Holdings, Cardinal Health, American Standard, Bentley Pharmaceuticals, Cendant, and Tyco on spin-off transactions;
- Advising the boards of directors of portfolio companies of ABRY Partners, Golden Gate Capital, Stone Point Capital, Bain Capital, Hellman & Friedman, Sycamore Partners, and The Blackstone Group on leveraged dividend transactions;
- Advising the boards of directors of KLA-Tencor, Rockwood Holdings, Choice Hotels International, Delphi Automotive, Unisys, and Realogy on dividend and stock repurchase transactions;
- Advising the special committee of the board of directors of Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Company, National Investment Managers, and Eagle Point Software on going-private transactions
Prior to joining the firm, Chris was a commercial lender with the Northern Trust Company in Chicago.
Chris holds an MBA in finance and marketing from Northwestern University's J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management and a BA in economics from Northwestern University. He is a FINRA Series 7 and 63 registered representative.
Ranked No. 1 for Global Fairness Opinions
Duff & Phelps Opinions is a global leader in Fairness Opinions and Special Committee Advisory, ranking #1 for total number of global fairness opinions for full year 2022 and the past 10 years, according to Refinitiv cumulative data from 2013-2022.
Corporate Finance and Restructuring
Middle Market M&A, Strategic Advisory, Debt Advisory and Private Capital Markets, Restructuring and Insolvency Services, Financial Due Diligence, Fairness Opinions, Solvency Opinions and ESOP/ERISA Advisory
Fairness and Solvency Opinions
Duff & Phelps Opinions is a global leader in Fairness Opinions and Special Committee Advisory, ranking #1 for total number of U.S. and global fairness opinions over the past 10 years, according to Refinitiv cumulative data from 2013-2022.
Financial Sponsors Group
Dedicated coverage and access to M&A deal-flow for financial sponsors. In 2018, Duff & Phelps acquired Kroll and unified under the Kroll brand in 2020.
#1 ranked provider of fairness opinions for boards of directors and special committees.
ESOP and ERISA Advisory
Kroll's Corporate Finance ESOP/ERISA practice is a leading corporate finance and valuation advisor to companies and ERISA fiduciaries. Duff & Phelps acquired Kroll in 2018 and unified under the Kroll brand in 2020.
Comprehensive Due Diligence Solution
Our Comprehensive Due Diligence solution helps clients minimize risks and make the most informed business decisions. We support in the areas of tax, compliance and regulatory, ESG, operations/strategy, M&A, financial and accounting, investigations, disputes and cyber/IT risk.
The Opinions Practice of Kroll Rendered a Fairness Opinion to Pathfinder Acquisition Corporation
Kroll's ADG M&A Advisory Team Advised SGL Carbon on the Sale of Its Gardena Composite Solutions Business
Kroll’s Business Services M&A Advisory Team Advised Personify on Its Sale to WilsonHCG
Capital Markets Insights – Winter 2023 – A Look Back at 2022
Mar 02, 2023
by Robert A. Bartell, CFA, Stephen Burt, Josh Benn, Chris Janssen, Andreas Stoecklin, David Lu