The S&P Healthcare Services Index increased by 1.6% over the last month, compared to the S&P 500 Index, which increased 2.3% over the same period.
Over the past month:
- The sectors that experienced the most growth were Providers – Other (up 19.1%), Assisted/Independent Living (up 14.3%) and Healthcare Staffing (up 8.9%).
- The sectors that experienced the largest decline were Hospital Vendors (down 5.5%), Acute Care Hospitals (down 3.8%) and Specialty Managed Care (down 3.5%).
- The current average Last Twelve Months (LTM) revenue and LTM EBITDA multiples for the healthcare services industry overall are 3.72x and 14.9x, respectively.
The sectors with the highest valuation multiples include:
- HCIT (4.76x LTM revenue, 27.4x LTM EBITDA)
- Contract Research Organizations (4.35x LTM revenue, 24.4x LTM EBITDA)
- Home Health/Hospice (2.92x LTM revenue, 24.2x LTM EBITDA)
- Consumer Directed Health/Wellness (3.80x LTM revenue, 23.1x LTM EBITDA)