606 Liberty Avenue, 7th Floor
Anju S. Chopra is Senior Vice President, Technology with the Identity Theft and Breach Notification practice of Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, based in Pittsburgh. In a career spanning over 20 years, Anju has been a leader in delivering innovative, often ground-breaking advances in complex technology systems, cyber security, artificial intelligence and enterprise architecture. She has particular expertise in developing cyber security and identity theft remediation products that integrate artificial intelligence technology. Anju’s strong business acumen and entrepreneurial vision have resulted in strategic solutions that have transformed client services and the internal operations that support them.
Anju’s experience extends across a broad range of enterprises in the public, private, government and law enforcement sectors. She is well-versed in a variety of regulatory regimes, including PCI and HIPAA, and has developed and implemented software products for the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other government agencies. She is especially adept at communicating technical matters in a comprehensible way to management, boards of directors and investors.
In her current role, Anju leads the conceptualization, development and implementation of cyber security and identity theft products and platforms that help consumers and organizations proactively protect or mitigate ever-evolving risks. A key focus area involves detecting exposure and threats that emanate from the deep and dark web as well as peer-to-peer networks. Her business leadership responsibilities include managing several U.S. and international technical development teams, and providing support to business development efforts.
Prior to joining Kroll in 2017, Anju served as CTO & EVP of Technology for a venture-funded start-up that delivered internet-based information security services to businesses, governments and individual consumers. She led all aspects of the technology and product organization, including innovation, development, security and compliance. In support of these services, Anju implemented sophisticated IT infrastructure, including scalable networking, NAS and SAN storage, database systems and data center.
Earlier in her career, Anju held senior management positions with Tendril Consulting, where she provided management and technology consulting services to early-stage start-up companies and to the healthcare sector; Management Science Associates, where her expertise in advanced data analytics and technology resulted in significant operational efficiencies and new product offerings; and OnlineChoice.com, where she focused on product marketing and strategy.
- System for Forensic Analysis of Search Terms (U.S. Patent 6117279)
- Snippet Matching in File Sharing Networks (U.S. Patent 9088545)
- System and method for monitoring BitTorrent content (U.S. Patent 9432273)
Selected Speaking Engagements
- “Cognitive Computing Solutions,” Panel member, Emerging & Technology Innovation Management, Carnegie Mellon University, 2016
- “Strategic IT Planning.” Panel member, Premier CIO Forum, Pittsburgh, PA, 2016
- “Technology–Prioritizing Technology Spend, Where to Put Your Next $$$”, Panel member, Cyburgh, PA Initiative, Carnegie Mellon University, 2016
- “People, Process and Technology relating to Cybersecurity,” Panel member, Cyburgh, PA Initiative (CERT & PTC), Pittsburgh, PA, 2015
- “CIO Insights,” Panel member, Pittsburgh Technology Council - CIO Forum, Pittsburgh, PA, 2015
- “Innovate ways to integrate with McAfee’s ePolicy Orchestrator,” Featured speaker at McAfee Security Innovation Alliance Developer Conference, Las Vegas, NV, 2011
Teaching and Presentations
- Chatham University, Adjunct Faculty, “Information and Cybersecurity”
Educations and Certifications
- MBA, Strategic & Entrepreneurial Management, Tepper Business School, Carnegie Mellon University
- M.S., Electrical & Computer Engineering, Florida Atlantic University
- B.E., Electronics & Communications, Delhi College of Engineering
Afflications and Memberships
- TiE Pittsburgh – Charter Member
- Midwest Technology Leaders – Advisory Board
- FBI Citizens Academy (Pittsburgh) – Lifetime Member
Awards and Recognition
- Pittsburgh CIO of the Year Award Finalist, 2015, 2016