Mon, Mar 9, 2020
Crisis Management and Business Continuity for Coronavirus COVID-19
On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization declared the outbreak of the respiratory disease caused by a new coronavirus, known as COVID-19, a “public health emergency of international concern.”1
Those with COVID-19 have reported illnesses ranging from mild to severe with symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath, and some cases have been fatal. The disease initially indicated animal-to-person spread, later suggesting person-to-person spread after patients were diagnosed without exposure to animals. The virus has since spread globally with confirmed cases in several countries including the United Kingdom and United States.2
In the midst of the outbreak, businesses and companies alike are being tested on the effectiveness of their business continuity plans and crisis management response plans.
How Kroll Can Help
Early lessons of COVID-19 can aid in a better understanding the global effect of the virus, including the impact on both businesses and employees. From handling employee safety to dealing with office or factory closings, our experts can guide clients in best practices during the crisis through our resilience consulting services.
Kroll’s Experts Can
- Quickly dispatch expert, onsite assistance and act as an embedded member of your crisis management team
- Provide virtual ongoing emergency response support
- Highlight weaknesses in your existing business continuity and disaster recovery plans and recommend updates using best practices
- Creation and implementation of emergency preparedness and emergency action plans in response to existing or emerging concerns including methods of facility shutdown and downsizing of staff
- Provide situational assessments and response for employee travel
- Facilitate tabletop exercises for company leadership and designated response teams that consider the unique aspects of the organization
- Ensure that your organization has holistic training in place to respond to the crisis confidently
With Kroll’s end-to-end crisis management and business continuity services, organizations can ensure they are prepared for any impact the COVID-19 outbreak might have on their businesses, employees and families. Contact us at [email protected].
Security Risk Management
Helping clients anticipate and respond to a myriad of facility and employee security challenges.
Risk management is at the core of resilience, and for over 40 years, Kroll has been on the front lines managing risk for clients across diverse industries around the world.
Our Security Risk Management team’s experience in delivering a full scope of risk management and resiliency solutions, including crisis management, business continuity, disaster recovery, security, and emergency preparedness, demonstrates the value and depth we provide to companies.
Crisis Management and Emergency Response
Our vetted consultants, business partners and in-house leadership allow us to quickly dispatch expert, on-site assistance for any emergency.
Crisis Management and Emergency Response Plans
Organize, draft and implement emergency preparedness and emergency action plans that reflect the crisis management policies of your organization.