Machinery and Equipment Valuation
Kroll offers experience, reliability and transparency in the valuation of machinery and equipment for virtually every industry.Contact Us
We perform machinery and equipment valuations for a variety of purposes including tax and financial reporting compliance, insurance coverage, lease negotiation, litigation support, merger and acquisition advisory, interest expense allocations and financing.
We have experience in transaction activity that involves cross border assets and enterprises subject to various reporting and compliance requirements and have the benefit of being in the front lines of all valuation issues. We have advised clients for more than 100 years and have a proven track record, with a reputation for providing our clients with independent and clear advice in complex situations.
Machinery and Equipment Valuation services include:
- Fair Value determination for financial reporting under US GAAP and IFRS, including:
- Business combinations under ASC 805 and IFRS 3
- Impairment testing pursuant to ASC 360 and IAS 36
- Lease classification for ASC 842 and IFRS 16
- Revaluation for IAS 16
- Fair Market Value determination for tax purposes, including:
- IRC Section 338(h)(10) election
- Corporate structure reorganization and planning
- Intercompany Asset Transfers / Sales
- Estate / Gift Tax
- Property Tax
- Pre-deal Due Diligence
- Asset-Based Lending – Collateral Financing
- Replacement Cost and/or Actual Cash value determination for insurance placement or loss analysis
- Useful Life / Depreciation studies
- Fixed Asset Inventory / Reconciliation
- Internal planning
We have the capability to leverage in-house expertise in business valuation and transfer pricing, where needed, to provide a seamless service.