Thu, Jul 18, 2019

Staffing Industry Insights - Summer 2019

Download the Report

As the staffing industry continues to benefit from a positive operating environment across most industry sectors, owners continue to capitalize on their strong financial performance by realizing value through either a company sale or recapitalization transaction.

Noticeably absent from recent M&A activity are most of the public staffing companies, as staffing industry acquisition activity remains primarily driven by lesser-known, privately-held buyers.

Staffing Industry Insights – Summer 2019

Strategic buyers accounted for 94% of the staffing industry acquisitions in the first half of 2019, with private equity funds (financial buyers) investing in a new platform acquisition accounting for the other 6% of transactions. 

– Financial investors acquired four new platform staffing investments in the first half of 2019, following the 28 new investments in each of 2018 and 2017.

Professional staffing companies (including IT, digital/creative, healthcare and life sciences) continue to see the most widespread demand from buyers and investors.

Buyers continue to have very specific criteria as they evaluate acquisition targets. Acquirers desire companies with a strong blend of both recurring revenue growth and profitability, with significant attention paid to customer diversification and the gross margin impact of potential acquisitions. Proven management teams desiring to stay on post-transaction also remain highly sought after.

Corporate Finance and Restructuring

M&A advisory, restructuring and insolvency, debt advisory, strategic alternatives, transaction diligence and independent financial opinions.

Business Services Investment Banking

Business services expertise for middle-market M&A transactions.

Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Advisory

Kroll’s investment banking practice has extensive experience in M&A deal strategy and structuring, capital raising, transaction advisory services and financial sponsor coverage.

Transaction Advisory Services

Kroll’s Transaction Advisory Services platform offers corporate and financial investors with deep accounting and technical expertise, commercial knowledge, industry insight and seamless analytical services throughout the deal continuum.

Fairness and Solvency Opinions

Duff & Phelps Opinions is a global leader in Fairness Opinions and Special Committee Advisory, ranking #1 for total number of fairness opinions in the U.S., EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), Australia and Globally in 2023 according to LSEG (FKA Refinitiv).

Financial Sponsors Group

Dedicated coverage and access to M&A deal-flow for financial sponsors.

Distressed M&A and Special Situations

Kroll professionals have advised hundreds of companies, investors and other stakeholders at all stages of distressed transactions and special situations.

Private Capital Markets – Debt Advisory

Kroll has extensive experience raising capital for middle-market companies to support a wide range of transactions.

Valuation Advisory Services

Our valuation experts provide valuation services for financial reporting, tax, investment and risk management purposes.