The S&P Healthcare Services Index increased by 10.4% over the last month, compared to the S&P 500 Index, which increased 5.6% over the same period.
Over the past month:
- The sectors that experienced the highest growth were Home Medical Equipment (up 20.2%), Providers –Other (up 19.2%) and Commercial Managed Care (up 13.6%).
- The sectors that experienced the largest decline were Consumer Directed Health/Wellness (down 14.8%), Assisted/Independent Living (down 9.9%) and Telemedicine (down 9.8%).
- The current average Last Twelve Months (LTM) revenue and LTM EBITDA multiples for the healthcare services industry overall are 3.44x and 15.9x, respectively.
The sectors with the highest valuation multiples include:
- Contract Research Organizations (5.24x LTM revenue, 30.3x LTM EBITDA)
- HCIT (4.58x LTM revenue, 21.2x LTM EBITDA)
- Healthcare REITs (12.07x LTM revenue, 19.4x LTM EBITDA)
- Consumer Directed Health/Wellness (2.97x LTM revenue, 19.2x LTM EBITDA)