In this edition of Regulatory Focus, the experts in Duff & Phelps’ UK Compliance and Regulatory Consulting team, provide a detailed synopsis of the latest news and publications issued by the Financial Conduct Authority during December 2018.
- An update on Brexit, including the Financial Services Contracts Regime draft legislation and the FCA’s statement on Gibraltar
- Proposal to ban the sale, marketing and distribution of binary options and to restrict the sale, marketing and distribution of contracts for difference “CFDs”
- The FCA’s to the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) publishing their final report and remedies for its market investigation of investment consultancy and fiduciary management services.
- The joint statement of the PRA and FCA setting out the way in which firms must make information regarding private secularizations available to their UK competent authorities.
- Recent enforcement actions