Tax and Transfer Pricing Disputes
Expert valuation and financial analysis for tax and transfer-pricing disputes.Contact us
Kroll has deep experience assisting companies and government agencies in state, federal and international tax, and regulatory litigation and investigations. We frequently provide expert testimony and reports relating to valuation, forensic accounting and other issues in complex tax disputes. Our tax disputes professionals offer unwavering credibility to help all parties clarify facts and better inform outcomes.
Kroll‘s Transfer Pricing expert services provides independent review and support to resolve disputes ranging from audits to litigations.
Our team of experts bring top of the line economics and finance analytical thinking to assist taxpayers and legal counsel in their efforts to resolve transfer pricing controversies in a variety of venues, either as consultants or as independent experts.
- Reviewing positions advanced by tax authorities to identify strengths and weaknesses of the position they are advancing to develop strategies and resolve the audit favorably
- Providing analyses and deliverables that address weaknesses in arguments and analysis advanced by adverse parties, quantifying, where possible, the effects of correcting the erroneous analysis
- Analyzing transfer pricing adjustments that would result from a variety of analytical approaches or from potential ranges of parameters for developing settlement positions
- Providing independent expert reports and expert testimony in association with litigation cases
- Ability to provide advisory services to our clients without conflict of interest concerns, often associated with audit services
- With nearly 5,000 professionals worldwide, having expertise in transfer pricing, valuation, corporate finance, forensic accounting and regulatory matters, Kroll can assemble the right team of experts capable of clarifying facts and communicating findings clearly, concisely and objectively
- Our transfer pricing specialists have provided key testimony and litigation support in landmark transfer pricing cases globally across a range of industries
Kroll offers trusted opinion and technical prowess to help tax lawyers, taxpayers and tax authorities address a variety of disputes. Our tax litigation group includes chartered professional accountants and chartered business valuators with extensive experience in dealing with complex tax-related matters who have given expert evidence on numerous occasions.
Considering the application of fact and law, and combining technical expertise, tax litigation experience, industry specialization and corporate finance experience, the Kroll’s tax litigation group advises clients by providing opinions for tax audit or tax litigation purposes in the following areas:
- Valuation of business interests or legal entities, securities, income streams, intellectual property and other intangibles
- Reasonableness of royalty rates and interest rates
- Quantification of economic (taxable) benefits.
Get in touch with our tax and transfer pricing experts.