Seth Fliegler is a managing director in the New York and Morristown, NJ offices and is part of the Expert Services practice. He has more than 15 years of experience assisting clients and testifying as an expert on business valuation and economic and financial analyses, particularly within the financial services industry.
Seth has been involved in numerous dispute matters advising clients on a wide variety of topics, including valuation, solvency, commercial and economic damages, and fraud investigations. Seth also has experience in antitrust and intellectual property litigation consulting from his prior work at an economic consulting firm.
Currently, he is leading the analytical team supporting Kroll testifying expert retained to serve on behalf of the Trustee for the substantively-consolidated SIPA Liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC to analyze the world's largest Ponzi scheme.
Seth has testified and consulted in a broad range of industries and matters, including the following sample engagements:
- Testified on the determination of value of a mortgage due diligence firm
- Testified regarding the alleged diminution in value of a bank as a result of fraudulent actions
- Issued business valuation report stemming from a dispute between equity shareholders at a firm in the consumer products industry
Commercial Damages/Breach of Contract
- Testified regarding damages to New York State resulting from a breach of contract by a state vendor
- Testified on the loss of investment value to a government employee’s retirement fund
- Testified with respect to the flow of funds in an alleged securities fraud
Solvency Analyses/Fraudulent Transfers
- Consulted with respect to valuation and solvency in a fraudulent conveyance claim of a real estate development company
- Provided expert consulting regarding the impact on an acquisition price after it was determined that financial fraud was conducted by the target company
Seth is a frequent author and has published articles focusing on business valuation.
Prior to joining Kroll, he was a vice president in the Global Equities New Product Development group of Banc of America Securities (BAS). Prior to BAS, Seth was a senior economic analyst in the Policy and Analysis division of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, where he focused on domestic and international capital policy, including membership on various international regulatory committees addressing Basel II. He received his MBA in finance at the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania and his M.A. in international studies from the Lauder Institute at the University of Pennsylvania. Seth received his B.A. in economics and French, magna cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania. He’s also a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), and Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF).
Independent expert analysis, testimony, advice and investigations for complex disputes and projects.
Fraud Investigations and Remediation Expert Services
Expert analysis to help clients prevent, identify and manage fraud and other complex accounting and financial issues.
Corporate Commercial Litigation
Calculate, evaluate and respond to all types of claims of contract damages
M&A and Financing Disputes
Strategic advice, analysis and expert testimony for issues arising from M&A transactions.