Jaime has over 20 years of experience in economic and valuation analysis and consulting, and has provided both deposition and trial testimony on valuation and damages issues.
Jaime has been involved in numerous dispute matters and has advised clients on a wide variety of topics including: asset-backed securities, business valuation, tangible and intangible asset valuation, solvency, financial analysis, investment analysis, fairness and solvency opinions, and analysis of complex financial structures. Jaime has worked on matters involving numerous industries and has extensive experience in the private capital space.
Jaime co-leads Kroll's annual review of Delaware Court of Chancery opinions, and is an Adjunct Lecturer at both Boston University’s Questrom School of Business and Babson College’s F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business. He is a frequent speaker and author and his corporate finance expertise has been featured in publications such as Business Valuation Review, Valuation Strategies, Law360.com, ABI Journal, and the Value Examiner.
Jaime was a Managing Director at Kroll through 2018 working in the Disputes & Investigations practice out of Boston. Prior to joining Kroll, Jaime was a senior manager at Ernst & Young in their Valuation and Business Modeling group. In prior positions, he was a Manager of Economic and Regulatory Policy for Cable & Wireless’ operating companies in the Caribbean region, and a Consultant at National Economic Research Associates where he provided litigation and regulatory support in the telecommunications industry on topics including antitrust analysis, economic cost models, damage estimations, market entry issues, and economic analyses of modernizing telecommunications networks. Jaime has also worked at the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities in the telecommunications sector.
Jaime received his M.B.A. in entrepreneurship from FW Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College and his B.S. in electrical engineering/engineering and public policy from Carnegie Mellon University. Jaime is also an Accredited Senior Appraiser of the American Society of Appraisers, and a Certified Fraud Examiner.
- Provided deposition testimony and submitted reports on the valuation of preferred and common stock in a healthcare services company.
- Provided trial testimony and submitted declaration on the liquidation value of an electronics manufacturer.
Business Divorce/Shareholder Disputes
- Provided deposition and trial testimony on the valuation of the common stock of a financial industry services company.
- Provided consulting support in a matter regarding damages arising from a post-purchase dispute over representations and warranties related to the customer base of a company in the oil and gas field services industry.
- Provided deposition and trial testimony, and filed expert reports on reasonably equivalent value received by, and solvency of, a software services company.
Financial and Tax Reporting
- Valued customer relationships, trade names, technology, inventory, in-process research and development and other assets for multiple firms across numerous industries in connection with post-transaction purchase price allocations.
- Valued common stock for many companies across many industries for purposes of granting stock options.
- Performed goodwill impairment analyses for companies across many industries.
- Valued general partnership interests in multiple fund structures for tax reporting purposes, incorporating the value of management fees and carried interest.