David has led major forensic projects in anti-laundering cases, forensic accounting and fraud detection. His assistance in litigation support as an expert witness has enabled his clients to successfully quantify and claim economic damages. He has given evidence both in legal courts (Spanish National High Court, commercial and labor courts) and in arbitration cases (International Chamber of Commerce, ICC and Madrid Chamber of Commerce).
David has an extensive experience on corporate transactions, both from a pre-deal advisory perspective (accounting and business due diligence, M&A mandates, sale and purchase agreements and valuation advisory) and on post-deal engagements (completion accounts, price adjustments, disputes and arbitration). He has worked on more than a hundred engagements involving the major private equity firms and industrial companies, including cross-border transactions and litigations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Peru, Curaçao, the UK, France, Portugal, Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Algeria, Cape Verde and Morocco, among others.
Leveraging on his experience in the financial sector, David has successfully led restructuring processes both by raising financing and producing Independent Business Reviews (IBR) and Due Diligence of Non-Performing Loans.
Prior to joining American Appraisal (now Kroll), David has worked in Deloitte, KPMG, Citibank and Repsol and he has lived and worked for long periods in France, Germany and the United Kingdom. David has also been responsible for providing Transaction Services and Litigation Support in Latin America for English, Spanish and Portuguese-speaking clients.
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial, Shareholders and Public Authorities Disputes
- Forensic Accounting Investigations
- Fraud Investigations
- Post-Acquisition Disputes
- International Arbitration
- GAAP Disputes
- Sale and Purchase Agreements
- Due Diligence
- Interim CFO
- REFor: Register of Forensic Accountants
- CEA: Spanish Arbitration Club
- Court-appointed expert
- Program in Mergers and Acquisitions, University of Stanford (United States)
- Master’s Degree, Instituto de Empresa (Spain)
- Bachelor’s Degree in European Business Administration, ICADE (Spain)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, CESEM, University of Reims (France)
- Fluent in Spanish, English, French, German and Portuguese