We are pleased to launch the 15th edition of our Industry Multiples in India quarterly report. This report provides an overview of trading multiples for various key industries in India as of June 30, 2021, estimated using constituents belonging to the S&P BSE LargeCap, S&P BSE MidCap and S&P BSE SmallCap indices.
- Economic activity declined sharply at the peak of the second COVID-19 wave in April and May this year but is expected to see a gradual recovery through the ongoing “unlocking” process.
- There was an uptick in sectors such as banks, chemicals, construction materials, application software, internet services and infrastructure, and healthcare facilities and services from March 2021 to June 2021 in terms of EV/ EBIDTA multiples.
- The multiples in the chemicals sector also showed an increase mainly due to exports witnessing a robust demand driven by a good agriculture cycle in Europe and the U.S.
- The banking industry experienced a healthy performance aided by strong Net Interest Margin (NIM), healthy fee income, lower operating expenditure and improved disbursements/ collection efficiency.
- The automobile manufacturing industry experienced a decline in performance mainly due to second wave lockdowns.
We hope you find this report helpful in getting an overview of the range of trading multiples for major industries in India. If you would like to receive further information or discuss any findings of this analysis, please contact us.