- As providers continue to focus on cost savings amidst the shift to value-based care, independent service providers (ISPs) have been taking market share from original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) for imaging services equipment repair and maintenance.
- While many ISPs remain focused on one modality, some have begun to diversify their service offerings, transitioning to multi-modality or provider asset manager models.
- Demand for diagnostic imaging will remain high, primarily driven by an aging population.
- Private equity firms continue to search for ISP platform investments in the imaging services sector due to the buy-and-build opportunity and the attractive business models of targets.
- Add-on acquisition activity remains steady as ISPs attempt to diversify geographically and by modality.
- Outpatient imaging facilities number over 6,000 sites in the U.S. and perform about 40% of imaging volumes–the trend towards outpatient imaging procedures is expected to continue.
Download the report to learn more.