The S&P Healthcare Services Index increased by 2.6% over the last month, compared to the S&P 500 Index, which increased 1.8% over the same period.
Over the past month:
- The sectors that experienced the most growth were Home Medical Equipment (up 19.8%), Distribution (up 15.4%) and Skilled Nursing (up 14.0%).
- The sectors that experienced the largest decline were Telemedicine (down 19.2%), Consumer Directed Health/Wellness (down 15.1%) and HCIT (down 3.9%).
- The current average Last Twelve Months (LTM) revenue and LTM EBITDA multiples for the healthcare services industry overall are 2.02x and 10.7x, respectively
The sectors with the highest valuation multiples include:
- HCIT 4.97x LTM revenue, 25.3x LTM EBITDA)
- Home Health/Hospice (3.29x LTM revenue, 25.3x LTM EBITDA)
- Consumer Directed Health/Wellness (3.96x LTM revenue, 24.2x LTM EBITDA)
- Contract Research Organizations (3.83x LTM revenue, 23.1x LTM EBITDA)