Read the latest edition of Insurance Valuation TODAY. The newsletter focuses on topics of interest to insurance professionals, risk managers and others who determine insurable values and replacement costs of real and personal property. Featured articles in the latest edition include:
- US Cost Trend Updates – Review both the construction and equipment cost trend indices through the end of 2019. In construction, we saw the annual year-over-year increases begin to decline when compared to 2017 and 2018. While the equipment cost indices, annual increases in 2019 retreated back towards historical averages in all three indices.
- International Cost Trend Updates – View the buildings and machinery and equipment cost trends for the United Kingdom, Italy, Netherlands and Brazil.
- It’s Time To Regulate Commercial Building Valuations –Rebecca Fuller, Managing Director in the Valuation Advisory practice looks at the problem of underinsurance and how to handle it.
- New Ransomware Reality Could Lead to Regulatory Issues – Learn how in Kroll’s investigative experience, and according to open- and closed-source intelligence, ransomware actors were traditionally more interested in collecting ransoms than sensitive data.
- Interim Insurance Appraisal Services – Learn how we can utilize high-definition satellite imagery and virtual measuring tools to remotely assist with your replacement cost/insurance valuation needs during restricted travel.