On 21 January 2015, the SFC published a report entitled “Asset Management: Looking Forward”, which follows a series of meetings conducted by the SFC with senior executives in the asset management industry.
The report discussed the following:
- Solid growth in asset management over the past five years
- Increased demand for complex asset management products with high-yield, multi-asset unconstrained and alternative strategies
- Increased investor focus on fees
- Distribution of retail funds moving online
- Evolving international regulation, including focus on risk governance and risk culture of asset managers
- Varying viewpoints on systemic risk in asset management
- An emerging trend towards integration of environmental, social and corporate governance factors in investment risk assessment.