Categories of Personal Data We Collect
Contact data: We may collect information about data subjects such as name and contact details (email, phone number, etc.) in order to communicate and facilitate the provision of our services with our clients or potential clients. For example, contact details of individuals who work for or on behalf of the clients, in order to carry out the client’s engagement with Kroll.
Services data: Personal data may be provided to us by clients to the extent required to perform the services. Kroll may also acquire personal data from a third party at the direction of our client as required to perform services.
Marketing information: We may collect information to respond to inquiries regarding our products and services or to provide you with information, reports, or updates.
Website visitor information: when you visit our website, we may collect information about your visit such as your IP address and the pages you visited and when you use our services, we may collect information on how you use those services. Please see our Website Use and Cookies Policy for additional information.
Purposes for Processing Personal Data
Sharing of Personal Data with Third Parties
We do not share personal data with third parties (other than service providers) unless you direct us to do so, or where required by law.
We may share personal data with other parties as follows:
- Our affiliates, as needed to operate our business and provide services.
- Service providers or contractors, such as vendors, consultants and other service providers who perform certain services on behalf of Kroll, in which case we enter a contract that describes the purpose of processing and requires the recipient to not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Selling, Targeted Advertising, and Profiling
We do not sell personal data to third parties.
We do not process personal data for targeted advertising purposes (as defined under the VCDPA). However, you can opt-out of all advertising cookies via the cookie preference center, linked here (see “You may manage your cookie preferences here”).
We do not process personal data for the purpose of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning consumers.
Subject to the VCDPA and other applicable laws, you have the following rights concerning your data processed by Kroll:
- Deletion: You have the right to request that Kroll erase your personal data, and Kroll will erase such data unless it is reasonably necessary for Kroll to maintain your personal data in accordance VCDPA 59.1-582
- Correction: You have the right to request that Kroll correct inaccurate personal data, taking into account the nature and purpose of processing the information.
- Access: You have the right to request to access or obtain a copy of the personal data that Kroll holds about you
- Non-discrimination: Kroll will not discriminate against a consumer because the consumer exercised any of the consumer’s rights under applicable laws
Please contact us if you wish to exercise your rights under VCDPA or wish to appeal Kroll’s decision with respect to a request to exercise your rights:
Email: [email protected]
In Writing: Kroll Compliance and Privacy Office, 167 N. Green St., Floor 12, Chicago, IL 60607