PARIS, FRANCE AND HERNDON, VA – InfoVista today announced that it has acquired Mentum, the industry's leading RAN and backhaul network planning and optimization solutions provider. The acquisition is part of InfoVista’s strategy to strengthen its solution set across the network lifecycle and customer experience domains, enabling operators to better plan, operate, optimize and monetize their networks.
For the last 20 years, Mentum’s constant innovation has led to a commanding market share, which includes more than 100 LTE customers.
This first acquisition for InfoVista since it was acquired by Thoma Bravo in March 2012 brings a combined user community of thousands of experts spread over 250 mobile operator customers in more than 120 countries. It strengthens both the Company’s market reach and its ability to offer a reliable path to self-organizing networks (SON).
InfoVista will leverage Mentum’s strong assets, expertise and technology and integrate it into its existing solution portfolio. The synergy between InfoVista’s and Mentum’s products and services will help mobile operators to:
- Deliver CAPEX-aware infrastructure dimensioning;
- Benefit from a single partner for all technologies across all functional cycles;
- Deploy a reliable path to Self-Organizing Networks (SON); and,
- Further monetize their network assets.
- “Following the launch of InfoVista's SON solution at Management World 2012, the Company’s acquisition of Mentum demonstrates its commitment to become a major player in providing hybrid SON,” said Mark H. Mortensen, Principal Analyst, Analysys Mason. “Incorporating realtime information and forecasted network intelligence into the RAN and IP transport planning processes will enable InfoVista to offer the accuracy and efficiency essential for optimized and just-in-time RAN and backhaul investments.”
- “I am excited about the vast expertise of the mobile market that the talented Mentum employees, customers and partners will bring to InfoVista,” said Philippe Ozanian, CEO, InfoVista. “This acquisition brings together extensive radio and IP expertise, uniquely positioning InfoVista as a solution provider that can tackle the increasing complexity of next-generation mobile networks.”
- “InfoVista’s acquisition of Mentum is a natural evolution that aligns with the need for mobile operators to strike a balance between customer experience and capital efficiency triggered by the data explosion,” said Philippe Catherine, CEO, Mentum. “It is clear to us that the disciplines associated with the management of the network lifecycle should be increasingly integrated to drive operational efficiencies and this acquisition is a clear step in that direction.”
InfoVista is the leading provider of service performance assurance software solutions for network and application services transported by all-IP networks. InfoVista empowers communications service providers and large IT enterprise organizations to deliver highperforming and differentiated services, while cost-effectively monetizing, operating and optimizing their networks. The industry-leading scalability, service modelling flexibility and open integration capabilities of its service performance assurance platform equip 80% of the world’s largest operators and a roster of global enterprises. InfoVista’s application and network performance assurance solutions provide them with the actionable network intelligence they need to deliver optimal quality of service, ensure high-quality user experience, and transform and consolidate their OSS/BSS ecosystems, while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. InfoVista can be found online at www.infovista.com.
Mentum provides industry-leading software and service solutions that allow wireless operators, equipment vendors and consultants to efficiently plan, manage and optimize wireless access as well as backhaul networks, plan coverage expansions and launch new broadband wireless networks. Its advanced software solutions, including Mentum Planet, Mentum Ellipse, Mentum Fusion, Mentum CellPlanner and Mentum LinkPlanner, along with tailored Mentum Geodata, enable network operators and engineers to maximize their design potential. Through the company's global presence and focused business approach, it helps more than 375 customers in 120 countries define their wireless networks. Visit www.mentum.com for more information.
Erica Frank | +1 617 960 9875 | [email protected]