Our Commitment to Privacy
If you are a California resident, please click here.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
When you visit our website, we may collect personal information that either you choose to voluntarily disclose when you 1) contact us with a comment or request for information about Kroll Settlement Administration or a specific case or 2) file an electronic claim, or a third party (e.g., broker, custodian) provides on your behalf.
Personal information can include name, address, telephone number, email address, and Proof of Claim form data. We restrict access and use of this information to only those employees and third-party processors who require the information to respond to your comment or inquiry or to process claims.
We also may automatically collect certain website use information as you browse our website. Examples include the type of Internet browser you are using, your computer’s IP address, the type of computer operating system you are using, the domain name of the website from which you linked to our website and a record of the pages on our website that you have visited. We use this information for purposes of optimizing and improving our website.
When you view our website, we may store certain information on your computer in the form of a “cookie” or similar file. Cookies help us tailor and improve your Web browsing experience on our website and do not contain any personally identifiable information. With most Internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
Kroll Settlement Administration does not sell or rent any personal data. We share information for the following purposes:
- Claims administration. We collect and process your personal information on behalf of our clients to support claim administration. Therefore, we share information with our clients and courts when it is necessary to complete the claims administration process. We may disclose your personal information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- Harm prevention. We may be required to share your information to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law enforcement. Kroll Settlement Administration is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the FTC.
- Providing our services. We engage contractors, service providers, and other third parties to support our business. These vendors are strictly for address verification, notification and funds distribution to the affected parties in claims administration settlements. Service providers are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Service providers may include marketing services to help us publicize a particular claim administration. We may share your personal information with said providers and support agencies in the course of facilitating our services to you. Kroll Settlement Administration has the responsibility for the processing of personal information it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Kroll Settlement Administration shall remain liable under the principles if its agent processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless the organization proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
How We Protect Your Information
You understand and agree that “perfect” security does not exist anywhere, including the Internet. As a result, Kroll Settlement Administration cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via our website, and you do so at your own risk. We are committed to ensuring the safe retention and use of your personal information; our business practices, processes, and facilities comply with applicable laws and regulations on data privacy protection and security.
Other Websites Linked to Our Site
Questions/Changes to Your Information
Individuals Located Outside of the U.S.
When our website operates (including collecting information directly from you related to a specific claim) outside of the U.S., you may have additional rights based on several factors, including where you live or where you are accessing the site. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding your privacy rights at [email protected].
Individuals located in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
Kroll Settlement Administration performs our claims administration services on behalf of our clients as a data processor. This means that throughout the claims administration process, the client retains control over personal information collected and processed. If you are in the EEA or Switzerland, you also have additional rights with regards to the personal information collected by Kroll Settlement Administration:
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal data, for example, if your personal information is being processed on the basis of legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your situation which makes you want to object to processing on this basis.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party (right to data portability).
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email our privacy team at [email protected]. There are certain situations where your personal information rights may be limited, or we may be unable to fulfill your request to effectuate your personal information rights. If such a limitation is applicable to your specific request, we will provide you with detailed information about such limitations in response to your request. Individuals located in the EEA with inquiries or complaints in relation to the information provided should first contact us at:
Kroll Settlement Administration LLC
2000 Market Street, Suite 2700
Philadelphia, PA 19103
or via email: [email protected]
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at www.jamsadr.com. You may consult with the data protection authority in your country.
International Data Transfers
This website is authorized by the Court, supervised by counsel and controlled by the Claims Administrator approved by the Court. This is the only authorized website for this case.
For more information, please call 1-844-484-0406