Since its introduction in 2018, Kroll Artifact Parser and Extractor (KAPE) has been adopted by a wide variety of government, law enforcement, and military organizations as well as commercial enterprises. KAPE is also currently covered in various courses offered by the SANS Institute. KAPE is the future of forensic investigations as it enables forensics teams to collect and process forensically useful artifacts within minutes.
KAPE is a free download that is actively updated with input from Kroll frontline responders and the DFIR community. For those users who want to accelerate their learning curve, Kroll offers three training options, each designed to meet different goals and needs.
KAPE Intensive: Half-Day or Full-Day Sessions
For teams looking to expedite digital forensic triage and analysis, the half-day and full-day sessions cover fundamentals as well as hands-on exercises. Sessions will cover:
KAPE Fundamentals: Lunch and Learn
Learn the myriad applications of KAPE targets and modules in this two-hour session conducted by a Kroll instructor:
- Review targets and modules functionality
- Understand capabilities of KAPE’s graphical user interface
- Live KAPE demo against E01 data set
- $325 per student; 5 student minimum*
Virtual KAPE Training and Certification Events
Kroll is now offering KAPE Virtual Intensive Training and Certification programs online. See below for a list of the upcoming events, more will be announced soon:
Webcast – June 18, 2020
Who Should Attend
Join the professionals in many fields who are already using KAPE, including:
- Federal agents and law enforcement personnel
- Incident responders and digital forensic investigators
- Information security professionals
- Incident response team members
- Media exploitation analysts
- U.S. DOD and Intelligence Community professionals
Interested in Using KAPE in Your Practice?
- As a reminder, KAPE is free for any local, state, federal or international government agency. KAPE is also free for educational, research and internal company use.
- KAPE requires a commercial license when used on a third-party network and/or as part of a paid engagement.
- Packages can include commercial license, training and certification.
For more on commercial licenses, contact [email protected].
Faster Forensic Answers Start Here
Whether you’re up against cyberattackers or internal bad actors, KAPE will jumpstart your forensic investigations and get you to the data (and answers) you need faster than traditional means. Talk to one of our KAPE experts today to request a course outline, schedule a training session, or customize a session that fits your team’s needs.
All KAPE training is delivered by Kroll instructors.
Book a Session Today
End-to-end cyber security services provided by unrivaled experts.Cyber Risk
24x7 Incident Reponse
Compliant notifications, reputation-saving remediation, and litigation support.24x7 Incident Reponse
Expert computer forensic assistance at any stage of a digital investigation or litigation.Computer Forensics
Kroll CyberDetectER® - Cyber Threat Detection and Response
Proactively monitor, detect and respond to threats virtually anywhere – on endpoints and throughout the surface, deep and dark web.Kroll CyberDetectER® - Cyber Threat Detection and Response
Introducing KAPE – Kroll Artifact Parser and Extractor
What Third-Party Cyber Risk Management Is – and Isn't
Avoid the Internet of Things Ambush – Take the 2020 IoT Security Pledge
June 18 - July 7, 2020 Webcast