Simon’s assignments often have a cross-border focus, which includes work in Hong Kong, the PRC, Singapore, Macau, the U.S., the Cayman Islands and the British Virgin Islands. His work includes investigating and locating hidden assets; formulating and implementing complex restructurings; establishing and implementing schemes of arrangement; enforcing collateral and selling assets; investigating fraudulent transfers; tracing of funds; and litigating audit negligence fraudulent transactions and breach of contract. He has also handled compulsory and voluntary liquidations, debt restructurings, receiverships and forensic investigations.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- Certified Public Accountant - USA
- Member of the Turnaround Management Association
- Member of the Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor of Commerce, Queen’s University, Canada
- Receivers and managers over, inter alia, the entire shares and assets of a Hong Kong company which owns a grade A office building in East Kowloon, Hong Kong, worth over billions of Hong Kong dollars, which defaulted on a HKD6.8 billion (USD877 million) senior secured floating-rate notes.
- Receivers and managers over, inter alia, the entire shares and assets of a Hong Kong subsidiary of a Hong Kong listed company, by the lender of the RMB7.9 billion (USD1.2 billion) loan facility. The loan facility is secured by substantial real estate in Chongqing and Shanghai worth over billions of US dollars.
- Receivers to a PRC state-owned company which owns and operates oil and gas assets in the Alberta and British Columbia provinces of Canada, which defaulted on a senior loan of USD400 million.
- Receivers over all shares of a BVI holding company by a private bondholder which operates the installation and operation of display screens on public buses throughout PRC.
- Receivers and managers to a subsidiary of a London listed CBM producer which defaulted on a secured callable of USD88 million.
- Liquidators of a NSADAQ listed medical technology company in Cayman and Hong Kong which engaged in medical technology businesses in PRC and Hong Kong, following defaulted on USD400 million convertible bonds.
- Provisional Liquidators and Official Liquidators of a Singapore-listed company, one of the largest producers of pedigree bull semen, dairy cow embryos and raw in Heilongjiang province, PRC following the default on USD150 million convertible bonds.
- Liquidators of a NASDAQ listed Cayman Island holding entity which operated the largest out-of-home advertising network on transportation systems in PRC.
- Liquidators and then Scheme Administrators to Zhuhai Municipal Government’s “window companies”, which engaged in property investment and development businesses in Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macau.