Prior to assuming the role of president, Shai served as the president of Kroll’s Business Services practice, which includes Restructuring Administration (formerly Prime Clerk), Settlement Administration, Issuer Services, Agency and Trustee Services, Notice Media Solutions and Business Support Solutions.
Shai joined Kroll in 2019 through the company’s acquisition of Prime Clerk, which was a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group. Shai co-founded Prime Clerk in 2013 and served as chairman of the board and chief executive officer.
Before establishing Prime Clerk, Shai was a partner in the Business Finance & Restructuring department of Weil, Gotshal & Manges, where he led some of the largest and most complex restructurings in history, including those of Lehman Brothers, American Airlines, Global Crossing, Loral Space & Communications, Atkins, Silicon Graphics and Steve & Barry’s. At Weil, Gotshal & Manges, he held leadership roles at the firm and on the investment, hiring and technology committees.
Shai is a widely recognized expert on restructuring and bankruptcy and speaks regularly with law firms and clients on industry trends. In addition, he is an active member in the community currently serving as:
- Vice chair of the Board of Overseers of the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Member of the Board of Advisors for both the College of Arts and Sciences and the School of Public Affairs of the American University
- Member of the New York Advisory Board of Facing History & Ourselves
- Board member of the Foundation for Education in Honduras
- Member of the Board of Directors, UJA-Federation of New York
- Executive committee member of the Lawyers Division of UJA-Federation of New York
He formerly served on the executive committee of the Bankruptcy & Reorganization Group of UJA-Federation of New York.
Shai holds a B.A. in political science and government from American University and a J.D. from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law.