Samy Denno is an associate managing director and the global head of security operation centers (SOC) in the Cyber Risk practice, based in London. He has more than a decade of experience in security operations and investigating cyber security attacks and incidents.
In his current role, Samy is responsible for managing a team of security analysts worldwide and ensuring that the threat detection and response needs of Kroll’s clients are met 24/7/365. His primary focus at Kroll is strategically optimizing security operations and enhancing security monitoring and investigation capabilities.
Prior to joining Kroll, Samy served in various SOC management and SOC specialist roles for managed security service providers (MSSPs), government and FTSE-listed companies in travel and telecommunications. Combining a technical background with excellent academic credentials and strong leadership skills, Samy is experienced in building and leading technical teams and driving change.
Samy holds a master’s degree in information security and privacy from Cardiff University and a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering from Jordan University of Science and Technology. He is certified as a GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE), GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and Amazon Certified Cloud Practitioner.
Education and Certifications
- Master’s degree of Science (M.Sc.) in Information Security and Privacy
- Bachelor’s degree of Science (B.Sc.) in Computer Engineering
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Amazon Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Micro Systemation XRY Mobile Forensics Foundation Training
- CompTIA Security+ and Network+
- The role of Automation in Security – can automation really help (2019)
- Breaking Location Privacy with Social Network Information (2014)
- SANS NetWars Champion (Munich - September 2019)
- GIAC Advisory Board Member
Incident response, digital forensics, breach notification, managed detection services, penetration testing, cyber assessments and advisory.
Managed Security Services
World-renowned cyber investigators and leading technology fuel Kroll’s managed security services, augmenting security operations centres and incident response capabilities.
24x7 Endpoint Detection and Response
Intelligent Endpoint detection and response: Maximum confidence in data security