Rose joined Kroll from Zolfo Cooper Asia, which was acquired by Duff & Phelps in 2019. She has experience in non-performing loan management and alternative investments, and financial advisory experience of working with financial institutions and companies from a diverse range of industries. She is skilled in stakeholder management with experience in leading consensual out-of-court workouts.
Rose holds a Master of International Finance from Deakin University, Australia (summa cum laude) and earlier qualified as a Certified Practicing Accountant with CPA Australia, and so is uniquely positioned with skills in both finance and accounting.
She is active in the restructuring and insolvency professional community in Hong Kong and has served as a board member of the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation Hong Kong (“IWIRC HK”) since 2016.
Rose has provided specialist advice in insolvency and restructuring, including expert opinion for litigation support, highlights of which include the following:
- Appointment taker as a joint and several liquidator in insolvency administrations in Hong Kong.
- The provision of expert opinion in valuation to the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands in connection with shareholders dissenting to a merger under Cayman Islands Companies Law s.238 proceedings.
- Various litigation support assignments in connection with shareholder disputes including regarding matters drawing on principles of insolvency, discovery and potentially fraudulent transactions and concerning quantum of damages.
- Provision of advisory services in the financial and operational restructuring of distressed Hong Kong-based companies in the hospitality and retail industries.
- Participation in the negotiation and development of a multi-creditor workout plan for a Thai steel mill from early stage through to the legal documentation of agreed terms.
- Administration of the Thai Bankruptcy Court approved Thai Petrochemical Industry PCL Debt Rehabilitation Plan (US$3.8bn) including the coordination of a 100+ creditor debt-for-equity swap.
- Management of a portfolio of high value non-performing loans in Thailand during the Asian Financial Crisis, including multi-creditor workouts and in line with emergent regulatory guidelines.