Reshmi Khurana is managing director and head of Southeast Asia in Kroll's Forensic Investigations and Intelligence practice, based in the Singapore office. Reshmi has more than 20 years of experience in the United States as well as in South and Southeast Asia conducting complex corruption investigations, litigation support projects, and due diligence on the management, operations, and business models of organizations. Her experience includes helping clients identify and bridge gaps in internal controls and corporate governance through people, processes, and technology.
Reshmi advises a wide range of clients, such as asset management companies and banks; corporations in the mining, oil and gas, consumer packaged goods, retail, and pharmaceutical industries; and law firms.
Reshmi joined Kroll in 2003 in New York, where she worked for six years. She then moved to Kroll’s Singapore office, where she oversaw the operations in Southeast Asia before joining Kroll’s Mumbai office in 2011. Recently, she has led investigations in Singapore, Indonesia, India, Malaysia, Vietnam and the Middle East.
Prior to joining Kroll, Reshmi was a consultant with McKinsey & Company in India, where she advised clients on strategy and operations in the telecom, retail, and consumer packaged goods sectors.
Investigations and Disputes
- Reshmi has led several investigations for corporates focusing on internal fraud, embezzlement, conflicts of interest, diversion of funds, and industrial espionage. She has experience leading multidimensional and international teams which include financial investigators, computer forensic analysts, political risk experts, and field investigators, allowing investigations to be conducted in an in-depth and seamless manner.
- For financial institutions and asset management companies, Reshmi has conducted internal and external investigations of portfolio companies, willful defaulters, and distressed borrowers in various geographies. She has assisted banks, private equity investors, and other creditors to trace assets recover loans and monitor portfolio companies.
- Reshmi has advised on various shareholder disputes, helping clients investigate counterparties and develop information that can be used in negotiations, arbitration proceedings, and court actions.
- Reshmi has conducted pre-transaction due diligence on the management, operations, and business models of companies for transactions ranging from $20 million to $30 billion. She has evaluated companies with complex business models and poor financial records in geographies where the quality of publicly available information is limited, such as India, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka.
Political Risk and Market Entry
- Reshmi has assisted clients in evaluating the political risk implications of their business decisions in various geographies across APAC. This includes identifying and understanding political stakeholders at the central, state, and district levels, understanding their attitudes and expected actions and identifying interlocutors.
- M.A., Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science
- B.A. (Hons), Economics, University of Delhi