Responsible for Kroll’s labs within the continental US, Wolf manages the day-to-day data collections efforts of an accomplished team dedicated to collections and recovery and forensic analysis. He manages both small and large scale collections and works directly with project managers to provide the highest quality of output. He provides expert witness testimony and investigative support on various projects, including the acquisition and preservation of computer data and media, maintenance of strict media chain of custody protocols, file and email recovery, and analysis of electronic media.
- Law Enforcement. Prior to joining Kroll, Wolf spent 25 years in law enforcement with the New Jersey State Police. His final five years were spent as a detective assigned to the High Technology Crimes Unit, where he investigated cyber crime and conducted computer forensic examination. He provided expert witness testimony as needed.
- Policy and Procedure Creation. During his tenure in law enforcement, Wolf helped establish the High Technology Crimes Unit policy and procedures for forensic examination and processing of computer evidence. In the private sector, he has also worked with private entities and clients to create and implement procedures for computer security incident response teams and computer forensic examination, validation, evidence control and IT internal investigations.
- Education and Training. Wolf is currently a certification assessor for the Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE) process with the International Association of Computer Investigative Specialists (IACIS). He has also served as a teaching consultant for the US Department of Justice, and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at Fox Valley Technical College, where he has trained over 1,000 police officers and prosecutors. He is also a member of the National Institute of Justice Technical Working Group’s Electronic Crime Needs Assessment Research project.
Education, Certifications & Recognitions
- Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE)
- General Studies, Fairleigh Dickinson University, New Jersey
- Member, International Association of Computer Investigative Specialists
- Member, High Tech Crimes Investigator’s Association, Northeast Chapter