He has acted on behalf of public and private companies, lenders and financiers, secured and unsecured creditors on assignments across the financial services, retail, food and beverage, technology, pharmaceutical, property, mining, oil and gas, utilities, hospitality, shipping, construction and manufacturing industries.
Patrick’s experience includes the following:
- appointed Judicial Manager of Hyflux Ltd and Hydrochem (S) Pte Ltd, with USD2.24 billion of outstanding debt;
- USD2 billion restructuring of Borr Drilling Limited;
- USD825 million restructuring of Floatel International Limited;
- USD680 million restructuring of KrisEnergy Limited;
- USD525 million restructuring of PT Trikomsel Oke Tbk;
- USD423 million restructuring of OM Holdings;
- appointed receiver over KrisEnergy (Asia) Limited and its subsidiaries in respect of USD287 million of facilities;
- appointed receiver over a Singaporean renewable energy contracting company with operations in Asia and the Middle East in respect of a USD87 million facility; and
- appointed receiver over an Irish animation and visual effects production company; and
- appointed liquidator in the members’ voluntary liquidation of the Irish subsidiary of an American technology company;
- strategic advisor to a Singapore based iron ore trading business on the options available to address USD437 million of outstanding working capital facilities;
- pre-finance commercial and financial due diligence for a USD275 million facility to an Indonesian coal mining and logistics group; and
- pre-finance commercial and financial due diligence for a syndicate of special situation funds in relation to a USD224 million facility for an Indonesian infrastructure group.
Patrick’s assignments are often of cross-border in nature both in the Southeast Asian region (Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, Thailand) and globally including in the United Kingdom, Ireland, India, Sweden, Norway, the US, Denmark and Australia.
Prior to joining Borrelli Walsh (now Kroll), Patrick spent seven years in Davy Corporate Finance and in KPMG in Dublin, Ireland.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- Licensed Insolvency Practitioner, Singapore
- Insolvency Practitioner, Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
- Member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants
- Member of the Institute Chartered Accountants Ireland
- Master of Accounting, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Bachelor of Commerce, University College Dublin, Ireland