Liz is a managing director based in the Hong Kong office. She has over 20 years of experience, predominantly in insolvency, litigation support and forensic investigations. She acts as a court-appointed officer in insolvent administrations and disputes.
Liz has extensive experience in the conduct of many complex insolvent administrations across diverse industries with substantial assets internationally. She specialises in the area of financial and fraud investigations, asset and fund flow tracing, location and recovery of assets, companies’ litigation support including provision of expert opinion on accounting issues and assessment of quantum of loss and damages.
Her work often involved providing advice in matters involving complex fraud, audit and professional negligence, breach of contract, shareholder disputes and working closely with stakeholders to establish strategy in maximising their returns.
Liz is a Fellow Member of CPA Australia and Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants and a holder of Insolvency Specialist Designation of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Liquidators to an international consumer electronics products manufacturer with listed groups in Hong Kong, Japan, United States and PRC – it is one of the largest corporate collapses in Hong Kong.
- Court appointed Litigation Trustee of a litigation trust created pursuant to a plan approved by the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the creditors of a public company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Investigations in relation to the stripping of valuable assets of a financially distressed group and the transfer of these assets to an alleged white knight in consideration of a purported corporate “rescue” attempt.
- Appointed Liquidators to a large metal manufacturer with a joint venture in PRC.
- Appointed Provisional Liquidators and Liquidators to Zhuhai Municipal Government’s “window companies” with 60 subsidiaries in various jurisdictions including PRC and Macau with debt of US$1.2 billion owed to 30+ international bank creditors.
- Appointed Liquidators to the Hong Kong operating company, with PRC subsidiaries as well as Macau and US operating companies, that sourced home furnishings from the PRC and exported then to customers in the US.
- Expert to an international electric wires and cables manufacturer with listed groups in Hong Kong, Taiwan and United States – it is one of the largest listed companies in Taiwan.
- Appointed to prepare expert reports in both the civil and criminal actions for commercial fraud involving a development project in Bali, Indonesia.
- Court appointed Administrators in a probate dispute where the plaintiff is seeking to propound the Will of the deceased.
- Forensic accountant in respect of legal proceedings between a large local bank and a customer in respect of the investment portfolios of the customer including futures and other structured products.
- Expert witness in relation to the legal proceedings commenced by the Liquidators of one of the largest corporate collapses in Australia in respect of various substantial preference payments to creditors when the companies were insolvent.
- Expert witness in relation to criminal prosecutions commenced by the Commercial Crime Bureau against a chief executive of a Hong Kong listed company in respect of a substantial fraud.
- Forensic accountant for the residual beneficiaries over the Estate of a Founder of a large electronics group in Hong Kong.
- Investigations into a series of unauthorised transactions perpetrated by the chief executive of an international conglomerate for the purposes of claiming against the company’s auditors.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- Awarded the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants' specialist designation in insolvency, SD (Insolvency)
- Registered Appointment Taker with the Official Receiver’s Office in Hong Kong
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Fellow of CPA Australia
- Member of the Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Diploma in Insolvency, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation - Hong Kong Network
- Member of the Turnaround Management Association
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Melbourne, Australia
Financial and operational restructuring and enforcement of security, including investigation, preservation and realization of assets for investors, lenders and companies.
Independent expert analysis, testimony, advice and investigations for complex disputes and projects.