Kalec's recent work includes the liquidation of a cryptocurrency trading platform in Hong Kong, liquidation analysis for listed companies and/or their subsidiaries, sale of companies in receivership which hold development projects in Hong Kong or PRC, valuations of companies in support of shareholder dispute and divorce proceedings, forensic analysis and investigation of fraudulent transactions, analysis of financial and operational affairs of companies supporting legal proceedings on professional negligence claims and identification of money laundering activities in support of criminal proceedings in Hong Kong.
His assignments cover various industries including scrap metal recycling, cryptocurrencies, property investment and development, manufacturing, and international shipping and trading. These assignments involve a number of jurisdictions including Hong Kong, PRC, Macau, Cayman Islands, BVI, Australia, Singapore and USA.
Kalec was seconded to the Cayman Islands and the British Virgin Islands where he worked on a number of cross border insolvency assignments. Kalec speaks Cantonese, English and Mandarin.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- Certified Public Accountant, CPA Australia
- Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty
- Master of Science in Finance and Investment, Durham University, United Kingdom
- Bachelor of Science in International Business, Loughborough University, United Kingdom
- Specialist qualification in insolvency, SQ (Insolvency), awarded by the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Asset tracing and realization
- Business valuation
- Expert report
- Forensic accounting
- Investigation of fraudulent transactions
- Litigation support
- Liquidation analysis
- Shareholder disputes
- Solvency analysis