He helps clients mitigate risks, detect corporate fraud, and strengthen internal controls and procedures to prevent future fraud.
Juan Cruz also leads Kroll’s financial advisory services for Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile, and Bolivia. In this position, he is responsible for forensic accounting and AML services, forensic financial investigations (corporate internal investigations) and litigation consulting, business valuation, insurance claims quantification, data analysis and visualization, corporate restructuring services, and business intelligence.
Juan Cruz has ample and proven experience in AML projects and has been responsible for coordinating and managing numerous cases, implementing and reviewing comprehensive prevention programs, training staff, and preparing reports for authorities. He has worked on AML matters for financial institutions throughout Latin America, including Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Chile, Peru, Honduras, Guatemala, Colombia, Mexico, and Panamá.
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption
Led a significant number of forensic investigations in Latin America and the United States related to investigations of bribery (FCPA/UKBA), asset manipulation and misappropriation, earnings management concerns, contract disputes, post-acquisition disputes, and business operational matters. His field of expertise includes cases related to business valuation, certifications to comply with rules of regulatory entities, business consulting services in the purchase of shareholdings, advisory services in due diligence investigations, asset recovery investigations, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Sarbanes-Oxley Implementation
Helped a Fortune 500 publicly traded company document, evaluate, and demonstrate the adequacy and effectiveness of its internal controls in connection with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Internal Controls Review and Recommendations
Juan Cruz has developed, recommended, and helped to implement best practice internal controls designed to strengthen and unify a company’s internal control framework in several global organizations. These best practice controls cover a wide range of activities, including approvals, authorizations, verifications, reconciliations, access controls, change management, reviews of operating performance, security of assets, and segregation of duties.
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Services
- Complex Financial Investigations
- Regulatory Inquiries Investigations
- Corporate Intelligence
- Due Diligence Investigations
- Dispute Advisory Services
- Expert Witness and Litigation Support
- Compliance Reviews
- Gap Analysis
- Asset Recovery Investigations
Education and Certifications
- Master in Finance, Torcuato Di Tella University (UTDT)
- Buenos Aires University (UBA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
Affiliations & Memberships
- Anti-Money Laundering Commission
- Institute of Chartered Accountants, Buenos Aires
- Spanish – Native
- English – Fluent