Emanuel has operated within the Kroll organization for more than a decade. He started as an analyst, conducting due diligence on targets across various industries in Latin America, including construction, finance, banking, energy, oil and gas, and real estate. His reports help clients understand risk in the region arising from money laundering, terrorism, fraud, corruption and bribery, as well as other adverse information that could damage the reputation or business of the client. Emanuel was a Latin America team lead, actively safeguarding the quality of due diligence and compliance reports by conducting content reviews, directing investigative techniques and mentoring other team members.
Before joining Kroll, Emanuel liaised between a U.S.-based graphic association and other international graphic and imaging entities to promote new market trends and advocate for best business practices. He has also taught English and Portuguese at a top language institute in Brazil.
Emanuel received a BA in international business and an MBA in management from Strayer University. He is a native Portuguese speaker and is also fluent in English and Spanish. Emanuel is a Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional and a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics, the Health Care Compliance Association, the Florida International Banking Association and the Phi Theta Kappa international honors society.
- Authored and managed thousands of risk-based enhanced due diligence requests for multinational organizations, financial institutions and law firms when considering business relationships, investments, acquisitions or third party relationships in Latin America and across the globe
- Provides US and Latin American banks with comprehensive pre-IPO due diligence solutions that not only identify potential deal breakers via public records research, but also provide additional human source intelligence to contextualize the reputation and business activities of organizations seeking to go public
- Develops and advises on third-party risk management programs for global corporations by explaining respective regional risks and using technological solutions to automate the onboarding process, vetting, and ongoing monitoring of third-party risks
- Works with local regulators to understand due diligence needs concerning background checks for licensure purposes; advises on the appropriate intensity and cadence of due diligence
- Develops, implements, and monitors compliance solutions that meet legal and regulatory requirements that impact financial institutions and multinational corporations.
- Advises global financial institutions and multinational clients on a robust risk-based approach relating to anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and corruption, and other compliance matters and strategies.
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Brazilian Clean Company Act
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Franchisee Screening
- Global Corporate Investigations
- Global Corporate Transaction Due Diligence
- Global Pre-IPO Due Diligence
- Know Your Customer and Customer Due Diligence
- M&A Advisory Services
- Third Party and Vendor Screening
- Third Party Risk Management