David White is the EMEA Leader for Identity Theft and Breach Notification practice of Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, based in London. David’s team helps clients and their advisors, including boards of directors, legal counsel and insurance providers, resolve the myriad complex issues resulting from a data breach.
In addition to serving business and enterprise clients in the data breach space, David specializes in consumer-level service and remediation in the wake of identity theft, particularly the challenges faced by organizations in the finance and insurance markets. The insight gained from helping individual consumers deal with the aftermath of a data breach helps inform the framework, quality and effectiveness of the services provided to corporate clients.
David began his career in the British Army, where he held a number of roles, including head of the branch responsible for providing geographic intelligence and advice to UK Special Forces and other government departments. He also served on the UK resilience council, providing advice during UK emergencies and events, including the London 2012 Olympics. Prior to joining Kroll, David ran Goldman Sachs’s Tax programme during the implementation of new global regulations. David is a British Army Reserve Officer leading a London-based bomb disposal unit.
- Launched Kroll’s Identity Theft and Breach Notification business in the UK.
- Transitioned Goldman Sachs through two major global tax regulations.
- Advised the Foreign and Commonwealth Office on Asia intelligence issues.
- Managed the successful integration of a bespoke intelligence location base and image repository for the UK Special Forces.
- Head of an Army Reserve unit in Central London. He is responsible for a team of over 100 personnel which provides specialist bomb disposal training to security forces in Iraq, Pakistan and Nigeria alongside their regular counterparts.
Education and Certification
- M.Sc., Information Intelligence
- B.A., Human Geography
Affliations & Memberships
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
A Sub-Saharan Africa Focus – Fraud and Financial Crime Amidst the Pandemic
When Business and Geopolitics Converge
Corruption at Scale: Managing Risk with Governments and State-Owned Enterprises
Kroll’s Andrew Beckett and Alan Brill Highlight SMS Phishing Scams in FTAdviser
Amine Antari Talks to Fraud Today about Using Data Analytics to Mitigate the Risk of Collusion with Vendors
Empowering and Investing in Internal Audit Improves Effectiveness of Fraud Risk Management, Kroll and Internal Audit Foundation Survey Finds
Kroll Adds Consumer Credit Monitoring to Suite of UK Data Breach Notification Services