Connie Lee, CPA, CGA, CFE, is an associate managing director in the Business Intelligence and Investigations practice. Currently based in the Toronto office, Connie has more than 15 years of experience in providing forensic accounting, damages quantification, fact-finding investigation and litigation support services.
Connie has worked on matters involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, fraud, fund tracing, post-acquisition transaction disputes, contract pricing disputes, shareholder disputes, tax disputes, valuation disputes, professional negligence, unfair prejudice claim, business interruption, matrimonial disputes, expropriation, personal injury and fatalities.
Connie has extensive experience preparing expert witness reports for court and arbitration cases in various jurisdictions including Canada, United States of America, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, British Virgin Islands and the Republic of the Philippines. She has assisted both plaintiffs and defendants, supported the role of a neutral expert and has managed expert determinations.
Prior to joining Kroll, Connie worked at the Big Four firms in Toronto, Hong Kong and Sydney, Australia.
- Managed an unfair prejudice claim brought by the minority shareholders against the company and major shareholder. The minority shareholders alleged that the company’s announcement of a preliminary non-binding proposal to restructure the business of the company resulted in the decrease and on-going diminution of the share price of the company.
- Managed a claim for $200+ million against our client in relation to an alleged defamatory article published in an Australian newspaper that resulted in the collapse of a telecommunication company.
- Managed the assessment of overcharges by a service provider to our client, a national telecommunications company, as a result of a former general manager arranging the services contract between his former employer and his partly-owned and related companies.
- Assisted the minority shareholders in relation to their suspicion that the majority shareholder and directors of the company have dissipated company assets via company loans to directors and related companies.
- Assisted with the dispute between two parties in relation to the completion accounts prepared by the seller pursuant to the sale and agreement of a construction consultancy company.
- Assisted in the forensic review of financial documents on behalf of the defendant in relation to a criminal tax evasion trial case.
Education and Certification
- Chartered Professional Accountant, Certified General Accountant (CPA, CGA), Ontario, Canada
- Certified Fraud Examiner, United States of America
- Post-Graduate Forensic Accounting Diploma, Seneca College
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, University of Toronto