Chris Bakewell, ASA, CLP, is a managing director in the Houston office and the leader of the Intellectual Property Services practice. Chris also serves as a City Leader and is a member of the Governance and Risk Advisory leadership team, as well as the Expert Services practice.
Chris’ client assignments have included the valuation and strategic management of businesses and intellectual property rights, the valuation of companies and intangible assets in connection with business transactions, licensing, transaction-related advice and due diligence, as well as audits and investigations. Chris has been nationally recognized as a top economic expert witness.
Chris has deep experience in matters involving patent infringement, breach of contract, theft of trade secrets, diminution of business value, trademark and copyright infringement, injunctive relief (including analyses of irreparable harm and ongoing royalties), international trade issues (including analyses of domestic industry and bonding) as well as other matters. In addition, Chris has experience in matters involving anti-trust and unfair competition.
Chris has been qualified and testified as an expert witness in various forums, including Federal Court, State Court, Domestic and International Arbitration, and the International Trade Commission.
- American Society of Appraisers (Accredited Senior Appraiser in Business Valuation; served on the Board of Directors of Houston Chapter)
- Licensing Executives Society (Certified Licensing Professional)
- Association for Corporate Growth (Member) American Intellectual Property Law Association (Member)
- M.B.A.–Concentration: Finance, Graduate Fellow, Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland at College Park, 1993. Internship: US Securities & Exchange Commission.
- B.S. magna cum laude–Business Management & Administration, Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois, 1990. Phi Kappa Phi and Beta Gamma Sigma honor societies.