Prior to this, Ben was Assistant Director of the FBI’s Regional Forensic Laboratory in the state of New Jersey. There he managed a staff of over twenty-five examiners, training them on the latest techniques of evidence retrieval and data analysis. Ben received his appointment with the FBI in 1991 and has held numerous assignments throughout the Bureau.
Ben has provided expert testimony in cases involving computer forensics.
- Delivers integrated functions to organizations encompassing information security, cyber investigations, computer forensics, business continuity, disaster recovery, incident response, IT audit, records management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments.
- Investigates client issues relating to large-scale information security reviews, data breach incident response, investigations of computer security events, Internet fraud, identity theft and theft of intellectual property, as well as privacy and information technology related matters.
- Performed examination on the most complex investigations submitted to the New Jersey Regional Computer Forensic Laboratory.
- Formulated private and public sector information security strategies and remediation.
Education & Certifications
- M.S., Holy Family University
- B.S., University of Maryland, University College
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), 2012
- ACE Certification, AccessData, 2012
- Certified Incident Handler (SANS), Global Information Assurance Certification, 2010
- Certified Radiological Worker 2, Department of Energy, 2011-2012
- FBI PDA Certified Examiner, 2006-2012
- FBI Cell Phone Certified Examiner, 2005-2012
- FBI UNIX Certified Examiner, 2000-2012
- FBI Certified CART Examiner, 1999-2012