We’re pleased to launch the eighth edition of our Celebrity Brand Valuation Study 2022: “Beyond the Mainstream.”
This year’s study recognizes the ascent of sports stars as well as South Indian stars as strong brand endorsers. 2022 has been the second successful year for South Indian movies at the box office resulting in many Tollywood faces being sought after in the advertising and media industry nationally. Further, with a splendid performance at the Olympics followed by the Commonwealth Games, Indian sports stars continue to bag several marquee endorsements benefiting because of lower competition from Bollywood stars with limited box office collection.
- Ranveer Singh with his massive brand endorsement portfolio has jumped to the top with a brand value of USD 181.7 million (mn), USD 23.4 mn higher than 2021.
- Virat Kohli secured the second position with a brand value of USD 176.9 mn, while Akshay Kumar retained the third position with a brand value of USD 153.6 mn.
- For the first time, South Indian stars Allu Arjun and Rashmika Mandanna and Olympics gold medalist Neeraj Chopra made it to the list of India’s top 25 celebrities.
- While Alia Bhatt retained her fourth position with a brand value crossing the USD 100 mn milestone, Deepika Padukone rejoined the league of India’s top five celebrity brand endorsers in 2022 with a brand value of USD 82.9 mn.
- Sachin Tendulkar entered the top-10 club in 2022 with a brand value of USD 73.6 mn.
- The overall brand value of the top 25 celebrities in 2022 is estimated at USD 1.6 billion (bn), an increase of about 29.1% from 2021.