The S&P Healthcare Services Index increased by 2.4% over the last month, compared to the S&P 500 Index, which increased 0.5% over the same period.
Over the past month:
- The sectors that experienced the most growth were Providers – Other (up 18.3%), Healthcare Staffing (up 12.5%) and Government Managed Care (up 12.5%).
- The sectors that experienced the largest decline were Telemedicine (down 13.4%), Home Medical Equipment (down 7.6%) and HCIT (down 3.6%).
- The current average Last Twelve Months (LTM) revenue and LTM EBITDA multiples for the healthcare services industry overall are 3.81x and 15.0x, respectively.
The sectors with the highest valuation multiples include:
- HCIT (4.98x LTM revenue, 26.8x LTM EBITDA)
- Contract Research Organizations (4.17x LTM revenue, 24.8x LTM EBITDA)
- Home Health/Hospice (2.86x LTM revenue, 23.9x LTM EBITDA)
- Consumer Directed Health/Wellness (4.75x LTM revenue, 23.7x LTM EBITDA)