The S&P Healthcare Services Index decreased by 15.3% over the last month, compared to the S&P 500 Index, which decreased 9.1% over the same period.
Over the past month:
- No sectors experienced growth –the lowest decliners were Specialty Managed Care (down 0.2%), Commercial Managed Care (down 1.5%) and Product Distribution (down 2.0%).
- The sectors that experienced the largest decline were Telemedicine (down 46.6%), Home Medical Equipment (down 20.8%), and Acute Care Hospitals (down 16.2%).
- The current average Last Twelve Months (LTM) revenue and LTM EBITDA multiples for the healthcare services industry overall are 2.70x and 14.5x, respectively.
The sectors with the highest valuation multiples include:
- Assisted/Independent Living (2.24x LTM revenue, 30.7x LTM EBITDA)
- Consumer Directed Health/Wellness (4.04x LTM revenue, 27.5x LTM EBITDA)
- Rehabilitation (2.75x LTM revenue, 22.0x LTM EBITDA)
- HCIT (3.61x LTM revenue, 21.1x LTM EBITDA)