The S&P Healthcare Services Index decreased by 0.9% over the last month, compared to the S&P 500 Index, which exhibited no change over the same period.
Over the past month:
- The sectors that experienced the largest increase were home medical equipment (up 38.3%), behavioral health (up 5.7%) and distribution (up 4.3%).
- The sectors that experienced the largest decline were assisted/independent living (down 9.4%), care management/TPA (down 6.5%), and dialysis services (down 5.8%).
The sectors with the highest valuation multiples include:
- Assisted/Independent Living (2.21x LTM revenue, 32.1x LTM EBITDA)
- Consumer Directed Health/Wellness (4.41x LTM revenue, 27.1x LTM EBITDA)
- HCIT (3.37x LTM revenue, 23.7x LTM EBITDA)
- Hospital Vendors (1.43x LTM revenue, 20.5x LTM EBITDA)