Kroll's cyber security practice is the leader in cyber investigations, incident response, data security, intrusion prevention and breach notification. With a global footprint, our team of forward-thinking experts supports clients with innovative digital resources and strategies in cyber risk prevention, investigations and reporting.
Kroll’s deep investigative experience, grounded in complex risk management challenges, has been an advantage to Kroll clients since 1972. You can rely on us to bring the same tenacity, foremost specialists, uncommon resources and multidisciplinary team approach to complex cyber problems.
Our holistic approach combines the most advanced technical expertise with deep insight into the integral role that humans play in every cyber incident. With the ability to draw on wealth of expertise of Kroll colleagues throughout the world, we deliver cyber- related services through three broad practices:
- Information system risk assessments
This includes: security and risk assessments, self-risk assessments, cyber incident training, tabletop preparedness exercises, policy review and design, penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, and third party reviews.
- Cyber investigations
This includes: cybercrime and intellectual property theft investigations, computer forensics, data preservation and collection, data recovery and forensic analysis, expert testimony and reporting.
- Incident response and breach notification
This includes: data collection and preservation, data recovery and forensic analysis, malware and advanced persistent threat analysis, PHI and PII identification, data breach notification, data breach remediation, featuring Consumer Remedy (TM).
Working closely with your staff, counsel, breach coach, cyber insurance carrier and any other external resources, Kroll helps you understand what happened, who was responsible and provides a risk management road map to prevent it from happening again.
Engaging Kroll allows you to confidently comply with regulatory requirements, maintain business continuity, protect intellectual property, and preserve invaluable customer relationships and your brand. Most importantly , it assures all stakeholders that your response to the cyber issue was fully, independently and expertly investigated and all matters addressed.
We assist clients with:
- Identifying and addressing weaknesses in technology systems
- Responding to technical threats, including the human aspects of such threats
- Preparing for and succeeding in litigation
- Complying with relevant data protection and other regulatory requirements
- Safeguarding privacy and intellectual property
- Remediating intrusions and breaches
- Notifying, as necessary, affected entities and individuals
About our team:
- Highly experienced in industry-specific challenges, including response requirements related to HIPAA, PII, PHI, FERPA, GLB and PCI
- Subject matter experts have served with leading management consulting companies, law enforcement and intelligence agencies, top law firms, international auditing companies, and multinational corporations
- More than 25 types of industry certifications held among staff, including CISSP, CPP, CFE, ACMT, MCP, CompTIA, CIPP, FCRA and PMP
- Unprecedented response capabilities regardless of where the cyber issue arises
Kroll, the world’s leading risk consulting company, has provided a broad range of investigative, intelligence, financial, security, and technology services to help clients reduce risks, solve problems, and capitalize on opportunities for over 40 years. Headquartered in New York with employees throughout the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, Kroll serves a global clientele of law firms, financial institutions, multinational corporations, middle-market companies, academic institutions, non-profit organizations, government agencies, and high net-worth individuals. The diversity of professionals at Kroll enables us to bring to our cases complementary and sophisticated fact-finding techniques and analytical methodologies. Working seamlessly as part of a multidisciplinary team, we draw upon this wealth of knowledge to offer clients uncommon insight and superior outcomes.
By Kroll Editorial Team