We entered 2022 with another year into the pandemic, continued supply chain shocks, economic and geopolitical anxieties and a lull in ABC enforcement activity. This year will have heightened regulatory complexity for compliance professionals, and corruption risks and global regulations will continue to diversify. In these conditions, it is vital to assess the strengths, weaknesses and emerging trends within ABC programs across the globe.
In this webcast, our experts shared their insights found in the survey results on the current ABC landscape after the outbreak of Russia’s war on Ukraine in late February and the resulting unprecedented coordination between governments to impose sanctions on Russia. We reviewed trends for the upcoming year and dive deeper into the critical challenges faced by ABC compliance officers in our ever-changing world.
Watch the replay for this perceptive webcast.
- Despite current global challenges, companies are confident in their ABC programs. However, organizations should regularly update risk assessments during times of change
- Third-party risks will continue to be elevated, likely because of the long-term effects from the pandemic and supply chain disruption
- While ESG remains prominent, implementing ESG unified standards in ABC programs remains a challenge due to limited data, lack of standardization, limited transparency and the variety of regulations
- We expect sanctions regimes and geopolitical instability from the war in Ukraine to continue and have a lasting impact on ABC programs and increase compliance officers' responsibility
- John Arvanitis, Managing Director, Compliance Risk and Diligence
- Michael Watt, Associate Managing Director, Compliance Risk and Diligence
- Veronique Foulon, Associate Managing Director, Compliance Risk and Diligence
- Anthony Ho, Associate Managing Director, Compliance Risk and Diligence
- Anastasia Smiley, Manager, Compliance Risk and Diligence