Duff & Phelps, A Kroll Business, is pleased to invite you to a virtual discussion with our panel of leading experts on environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters.
On March 10, 2021, EU asset managers and advisers became subject to ESG related disclosure requirements under the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR), which aims to provide investors with the information needed to make informed investment choices based on ESG factors. Whilst SFDR has not been onshored in the UK, there are a variety of scenarios that bring UK firms within the scope of the regime.
The UK government has also stated its intention to introduce its own regime for climate-related financial disclosures. While the precise nature and scope of ESG regulation in the UK continues to develop, ESG remains a critical consideration for all aspects of UK business operations.
Further, for those not yet subject to mandatory disclosures, what do investment grade disclosures look like and how can assurance be obtained on those disclosures?
Schedule: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (BST)
- ESG and SFDR: Where are we now?
- Future regulatory developments and other ESG initiatives
- Becoming a signatory of the Principles for Responsible Investment: What does this mean in practice?
- Potential challenges faced by UK businesses in 2021 and beyond
- Expectations of the changing regulatory landscape post-Brexit
- Harmonization of sustainable accounting standards
- Growing importance of ESG due diligence
Attendees are invited to ask the panel questions during the session.
Andrew Probert, Managing Director, Transaction Advisory Services, Kroll
Jane Stoakes, Director, Compliance and Regulatory Consulting, Kroll
Amelie Snape, Senior Vice President, Compliance and Regulatory Consulting, Kroll