Special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs) have exploded of late as an alternative to the traditional IPO process to take a company public. Since January 2020 through Q1 2021, there have been 546 global SPAC IPOs generating $170 billion in proceeds, with 433 SPACs globally currently active and seeking targets.
Schedule: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. SG/HK time
Join our webinar on June 1 to learn about SPACs and the implications for potential sponsors and investors in Asia.
- Introduction to SPACs and overview of SPAC regimes in Asia
- SPAC reception and regulatory issues in the United States
- Accounting and valuation issues in relation to SPACs
- Due diligence and other pre-deal considerations
- Farhana Sharmeen, Partner and Head, Singapore Law, Latham & Watkins
- Ken Joseph, Managing Director and Head of U.S. Compliance and Regulatory Consulting, Duff & Phelps, A Kroll Business, and Former Head of the SEC’s Investment Management Examination Program
- David Liu, Managing Director, Compliance Risk and Diligence, Kroll
- Srividya Gopal, Managing Director, Valuation Advisory Services, Duff & Phelps, A Kroll Business
- Sin Yee Koh, Director, Compliance and Regulatory Consulting, Duff & Phelps, A Kroll Business