Duff & Phelps to host a webcast to discuss how to reflect the impact of COVID-19 and current market conditions when estimating and reporting the fair value of early stage investments.
As venture capital fund managers and corporate investors in non-traded or infrequently traded debt and equity investments exercise their fiduciary duty to report independent and credible fair value information to investors and stakeholders, significant informed judgement is required.
The Covid-19 pandemic is impacting the global population and economy in unprecedented ways. Government actions taken in response to the rapidly changing global health situation due to COVID-19, combined with public market volatility and a global recession make the judgments reached with respect to fair value even more difficult.
Response to the crisis from a fair value perspective requires reasoned informed judgment to provide investors, stakeholders, and beneficiaries with decision useful information. Further, the current environment raises questions with respect to valuation for corporate venture investors.
Please join us for a discussion on how to reflect the impact of COVID-19 and current market conditions when estimating and reporting the fair value of early stage investments. We are very pleased to welcome Bruna Losada, author of “Finance for startups” and Flavio Pripas, Investor at Redpoint eventures, who will share their perspective on the venture capital environment in Brazil.
Schedule: 2:00 p.m. BRT
- Can the price of a financing round that occurred pre-crisis be used to estimate fair value?
- How is the fair value of venture capital investments impacted by the pandemic and market volatility?
- How should actual portfolio company results for Q1 and Q2 2020 impact fair value estimates?
- How should projected investee company value drivers impacted by the pandemic be reflected in estimating fair value (revenue, cost, growth, competition, market conditions, etc.)?
- Should projections be updated and what is the impact on fair value if they have not been updated?
- Practical case studies focused on key fair value questions
- What questions will LPs be asking with respect to fair value estimates?
Please submit your questions in advance of the webinar by sending a message to us at [email protected]