Whenever any personal data is lost, destroyed, corrupted or disclosed it is defined as a security incident and a breach of personal data. Bad actors seek to pass it on without proper authorization; or make it unavailable, for example, encrypting it with ransomware. This webcast will take participants through the lifecycle of a personal data breach from a privacy and cyber security perspective.
Kroll expert Andrew Beckett, Managing Director and EMEA leader, will join Orrick’s Keily Blair and James Lloyd, Partners in the Cyber & Data Privacy Enforcement & Litigation practice, as they share insights from dealing with a personal data breach. They will discuss the challenges of assessing the relevant factors of a breach through interactive polls and guide participants on how to respond to an Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) investigation against the looming threat of follow-on litigation.
- Identifying and locking down the breach
- Considering whether to report to the regulator
- The regulator’s response and subsequent investigation
- Planning for follow-on litigation
- Andrew Beckett, Managing Director and EMEA Leader, Cyber Risk, Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps
- Keily Blair, Partner, Cyber & Data Privacy Enforcement & Litigation Practice, Orrick
- James Lloyd, Partner, Cyber & Data Privacy Enforcement & Litigation Practice, Orrick