David Larsen, Managing Director in the Alternative Asset Advisory practice and Srividya Gopal, Managing Director and Southeast Asia Leader, Valuation Advisory Services at Duff & Phelps, will speak at the Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association’s (SVCA) upcoming Portfolio Valuation Workshop. During the workshop, they will share their views on the importance of portfolio valuation for fund managers from the alternative asset industry including private equity, venture capital and hedge funds.
The two-day workshop will also focus on the impact of COVID-19 on fair value estimates and how current public market volatility impacts such estimates. The workshop aims to provide answers to various issues and best practices around portfolio valuation.
- November 10, 2020 : 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- November 11, 2020 : 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Rationale for fair valuation
- Valuation guidelines and standards – IFRS 9, IPEV guidelines, AICPA PE/VC guide
- Valuation approaches for privately Held investments
- Valuation considerations resulting from COVID-19
- Valuation of debt instruments
- Early stage valuations
- LP valuation focus
- Case studies and examples based on real-life experiences
To register, please click here.