The Cyber Risk practice of Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, is excited to offer the first Kroll Artifact Parser and Extractor (KAPE) Intensive Training and Certification program in Pittsburgh on March 26, 2020. The program will accelerate the learning curve of digital forensic and incident response (DFIR) professionals that need to do triage and collection at lightning speed. Kroll instructors will show how to utilize KAPE to collect and process relevant forensic artifacts within minutes, and participants will have the opportunity to take the KAPE proficiency exam to become certified.
Schedule: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (EST)
About the Program
KAPE is changing the landscape of forensic investigations, as it enables processing of relevant forensic artifacts within minutes. Program participants will learn from Kroll instructors who have extensive experience using KAPE and will have the opportunity to take the KAPE proficiency exam.
For DFIR professionals looking to accelerate digital forensic collection, triage and analysis and attest their proficiency, this course will cover KAPE fundamentals such as:
- Understanding the applications of KAPE targets and modules
- Instruction for how to build targets and modules catered to environments you face most often
- Exploring the capabilities of KAPE’s graphical interface
- Targeting specific options such as VSC’s, containers and SFTP
- Taking advantage of KAPE’s clear command line structure
- Running a hands-on investigation lab to produce actionable intelligence in 15 minutes or less
Following the training, participants will have the opportunity to take the KAPE proficiency on the material. In order to receive certification, a student must achieve a minimum passing score of 80%, within two attempts.
- Eric Zimmerman, Senior Vice President, Cyber Risk
- Mari DeGrazia, Senior Vice President, Cyber Risk
- Sean Straw, Senior Associate, Cyber Risk
Who Should Attend
Join the professionals in many fields who are already using KAPE, including:
- Federal agents and law enforcement personnel
- Incident responders and digital forensic investigators
- Information security professionals
- Incident response team members
- Media exploitation analysts
- U.S. DOD and intelligence community professionals
For additional questions or suggestions, please reach one of our KAPE experts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
End-to-end cyber security services provided by unrivaled experts.Cyber Risk
Incident Response Management
Compliant notifications, reputation-saving remediation, and litigation support.Incident Response Management
Expert computer forensic assistance at any stage of a digital investigation or litigation.Computer Forensics
Virtual CISO (vCISO) Advisory Services
Services to help teams safeguard information assets while supporting business operations.Virtual CISO (vCISO) Advisory Services
May 13-14, 2020 Chicago
April 7-8, 2020 Washington, DC