Sin Yee Koh, Director in Duff & Phelps’ Compliance and Regulatory Consulting practice, will speak at the 8th Annual Independent Wealth Management Forum hosted by Hubbis in Singapore on April 23. She will discuss the role of Independent Asset Management Firms (IAM), their competitive position and how they can future-proof their businesses for the private wealth management market in Asia Pacific.
This event is focused on creating a meaningful platform to interact with wealth management experts of top Asia-based IAMs, external asset managers and multi-family offices. The event will include presentations, panel discussions, workshops and case studies from top industry practitioners.
Learn more about Independent Wealth Management Forum 2020.
Schedule: 4:30 p.m. onwards (SGT)
- Has the IAM sector progressed as rapidly or as comprehensively as market participants expected?
- Are the IAMs as independent as they profess to be?
- Are they transparent in their approach to clients, fees and retrocessions?
- Are the IAMs truly offering objective advice and/or outperformance potential to their investor clients?
- Can the IAMs attract the requisite quality of talent with the necessary expertise and experience from banks or other firms, and thereby grow their platforms apace?
- Can clients of the independent firms transfer their clients’ private bank custodian relationships to the new ranks of digital platforms?
- Are the independents focusing sufficiently on the ageing generations in Asia and wealth transition, and therefore on the next generations who will hold the bulk of Asia’s private wealth?
- How do the IAMs balance their boutique origins and values with the need to achieve scale?
- Can the independents communicate their core values and proposition effectively, and how can they individually and collectively improve their image and their marketing?